POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Olympic Flag : Re: Olympic Flag Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:29:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Olympic Flag
From: sam kim
Date: 7 Feb 2009 19:55:00
Message: <web.498e2c69a703dd17c859cee0@news.povray.org>
Thank You for your prompt reply.

It was a lot to swallow, I found something peculiar about using object

as pigment while trying to figure out what you did.

The default color values for the very last object-pigment is green,

the rest of them being blue (unless transmit is used, then it's green).

pigment-object is an interesting type of csg it seems, where

the intersection of p-o and the object is kept (also the object is there)

while complement of the object does not show up.

It seems that two colors are needed for pigment-objects

first one for an in-between layer and the second for the pigment-object.

If only one color is given for a pigment-object, then the in-between layer
(everything else) takes on that color, and the pigment-object gets green.

If only one color is given for a pigment-object, then the in-between layer
(everything else) takes on blue, and the pigment-object gets green.

I am a soph. comp-sci major, so loop wasn't much of an issue, but

big thanks for explaining how this can be done with mesh

Thanks for great help, sam